A sample from the 2017 Private View night at UCA Farnham:
It is important as creatives to invest time exploring other art forms, other ideas and processes. How artists in parallel disciplines are releasing concepts and delivery outcomes.
Here are a random selection of transmedial influences to consider in Reading Week:
“Kurt Vonnegut’s absurdist classic Slaughterhouse-Five introduces us to Billy Pilgrim, a man who becomes unstuck in time after he is abducted by aliens from the planet Tralfamadore. In a plot-scrambling display of virtuosity, we follow Pilgrim simultaneously through all phases of his life, concentrating on his (and Vonnegut’s) shattering experience as an American prisoner of war who witnesses the firebombing of Dresden.”
Jan 25, 2017 Mar 11, 2017
The exhibition will explore the role of digital technology in transcending the physical and conceptual boundaries that exist between different artworks, with imagery from one work breaking free of the frame and entering the space of another. The installations also dissolve distinctions between artwork and exhibition space, and involve the viewer through interactivity.
Please click here for tickets.
6 Burlington Gardens
London W1S 3ET
Tel: +44 (0)20 3206 7600
teamLab show: Tues-Sat 11-4
A music video:
Also, this is very cool music video, bonkers in fact!
This was my favourite talk from this years EGX Developer Sessions, Sebastien Mitton Art Director for Arkane Studios. He had some very interesting and poignant research/ workflow observations on how Arkane have approached improving and evolving the look and feel of Dishonored 2 (especially around 6 minutes in).
Confirmed Artists (look some up):
Jamie Allen/ Heba Y. Amin/ Jussi Ängeslevä/Alfredo Aracil/ Lara Baladi/ Dennis de Bel/ Didier Bigo/ Ryan Bishop/ James Bridle/ Declan Clarke/ Andrew Clement/ Brody Condon/ Diakron/ Sara Diamond/ Keller Easterling/ FM Einheit/ David Garcia/ Sarah T Gold/ Vinay Gupta/ Martin Hartmann/ Femke Herregraven/ Brian Holmes/ Ralf Homann/ Sophie Hoyle/ Juha Huuskonen/ Jaromil/ Wolfgang Kaleck/ Valentina Karga & Pieterjan Grandry/ Eric Kluitenberg/ Joasia Krysa/ Geoffroy de Lagasnerie/ François-Joseph Lapointe/ Lancel/Maat/ Simona Levi/ Evan Light/ Isabell Lorey/ Elizabeth Losh/ David Lyon/ Nicolas Maigret/ Nicholas Mirzoeff/ Ola Möller/ Jussi Parikka/ RecPlay/ Kate Rich/ Alona Rodeh & Mule Driver/ Deborah Natsios & John Young/ Roee Rosen
CTM 2016 – New Geographies
5 and 6 February 2016 21:00
*This concert event will require a separate booking and is not covered by the Kombi Pass.
Bizarre over-sized holograms, bring it on!
Playable City Conference Day, Watershed Bristol.
A great day hearing inspiring people and companies making amazing fun brilliant joyful work! Very refreshing.
Keep an eye on the Festival of Ideas and Playable City as other events and talks will take place throughout the year.
BETA Public 5 – games and performance @ Camden Peoples Theatre (NW1 2PY).
Tuesday 17th Wednesday 18th and Thursday 19th November
“Beta Public, the night of videogames and performance I run with Pat Ashe, will become THREE NIGHTS of videogames and performance this November 17-19th at CPT! This will be a bit of a trial run for how we might usefully expand the night in the future, but we’ll also (hopefully) be debuting a very exciting new piece of work made especially for it!”
Wonderfully different game experiences:
CGA Trip to Berlin February 2016
Key Focus: Transmediale Festival + CTM (club transmediale)
- – transmediale/ conversationpiece: Anxious to Act, Anxious to Make, Anxious to Share and Anxious to Secure (sounds like a game mechanic checklist)
- – Festival is based at The House of World Culture, and also at many other venues across the city
- – ctm-2016 – alternative music festival across Berlin
- – Trip cost is £350, split into 2 installments: payment 1 is £100 deposit 13th November 2015 and payment 2 is £250 11th December 2015
- – UCA FINANCIAL HELP TOWARDS 3RD YEAR TRIPS – FinancialAssistanceFund-Advice-Final
- – YOU WILL NEED A VALID IN DATE PASSPORT TO TRAVEL IN EUROPE
- – Flying to Berlin-Schönefeld Airport (SXF), from London Gatwick
- – transfers to accommodation
- – Travel insurance
- – Staying at PLUS HOSTEL BERLIN – very nice hostel accommodation (been there before)
- – KOMBI Festival Pass covering both Transmediale and CTM festivals
- – Note: a minimum of 10 students needed to proceed with trip. If this trip should not go ahead due to lack of numbers, a full refund will be given. Other refunds will be given only in exceptional circumstances, and following agreement with the trip organiser.
Visit key cultural landmarks:
- – Cold War designed TV Tower
- – Brandenburg Gate
- – Reichstag Building (Deurscher Bundestag)
- – the Berlin Wall memorial
- – Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp
Key art museums and galleries:
- – Computer Games Museum =]
- – Hamburger Bahnhof
- – Kaethe Kollwitz
- – Sammlung-Boros (a WWII air raid shelter now private gallery, also known as the Banana Bunker during the Cold War)
- – DDR museum
and many other cool and interesting sights to see.