I stumbled across this Kickstarter come cross-over end product at EGX this year.
I thought it was pretty interesting as a concept both Tablet Unity Game/ RF scanner/ Board game. So I bought one for us to play with =]
Shipping Nov. 2016
Its now March and next month is REZZED!
The indie game conference runs from Thursday 7th April to Saturday the 9th April. Each day there are developer talks, SWAG, play new games and an opportunity to network with developers. Great access! As a course and as individual practitioners with a view to working in the games industry, we should strive to network and be conected to the UK indie scene as much as possible.
Loads of great and bizarre games to play like… Job Simulator.
One of our former graduates, Joe Coggins, is now working for Glow Games Studio who’s indie game Dungeons and Robots, now early access on STEAM. Their game will be showing at REZZED.
Playable City Conference Day, Watershed Bristol.
A great day hearing inspiring people and companies making amazing fun brilliant joyful work! Very refreshing.
Keep an eye on the Festival of Ideas and Playable City as other events and talks will take place throughout the year.
BETA Public 5 – games and performance @ Camden Peoples Theatre (NW1 2PY).
Tuesday 17th Wednesday 18th and Thursday 19th November
“Beta Public, the night of videogames and performance I run with Pat Ashe, will become THREE NIGHTS of videogames and performance this November 17-19th at CPT! This will be a bit of a trial run for how we might usefully expand the night in the future, but we’ll also (hopefully) be debuting a very exciting new piece of work made especially for it!”
Wonderfully different game experiences:
Based in London EC1 at The Brewery, this conference is another great opportunity to see what new ideas are coming out the indie dev scene and gain valuable insights from developer talks. Event sponsors include:
I am investigating getting a number of free tickets for the second day of the conference. The 2 day Student pass is £48.
Also, there is The Big Indie Pitch competition which some of you should consider putting your projects forward for. We will chat with you further abotu this in session. The deadline for entering the pitch is 11th December 2015. Give it some serious thought!
At UCA there are many e-resouces at your desposal to support you CGA studies. Here are a sample of the excellent games documentaries available online.
These can be found in the category called Media and Digital Arts, (which in the near future will be renamed a to Computer Games Arts).
Finao Brooking-Thomas will be giving another talk to Yr3 this Wednesday 4th November at 10am in W104.
She will be focusing on the important areas of self employment after graduation and touching on areas tax and self assessment.
The talk will be about 2 hours long.
CGA Trip to Berlin February 2016
Key Focus: Transmediale Festival + CTM (club transmediale)
- – transmediale/ conversationpiece: Anxious to Act, Anxious to Make, Anxious to Share and Anxious to Secure (sounds like a game mechanic checklist)
- – Festival is based at The House of World Culture, and also at many other venues across the city
- – ctm-2016 – alternative music festival across Berlin
- – Trip cost is £350, split into 2 installments: payment 1 is £100 deposit 13th November 2015 and payment 2 is £250 11th December 2015
- – UCA FINANCIAL HELP TOWARDS 3RD YEAR TRIPS – FinancialAssistanceFund-Advice-Final
- – YOU WILL NEED A VALID IN DATE PASSPORT TO TRAVEL IN EUROPE
- – Flying to Berlin-Schönefeld Airport (SXF), from London Gatwick
- – transfers to accommodation
- – Travel insurance
- – Staying at PLUS HOSTEL BERLIN – very nice hostel accommodation (been there before)
- – KOMBI Festival Pass covering both Transmediale and CTM festivals
- – Note: a minimum of 10 students needed to proceed with trip. If this trip should not go ahead due to lack of numbers, a full refund will be given. Other refunds will be given only in exceptional circumstances, and following agreement with the trip organiser.
Visit key cultural landmarks:
- – Cold War designed TV Tower
- – Brandenburg Gate
- – Reichstag Building (Deurscher Bundestag)
- – the Berlin Wall memorial
- – Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp
Key art museums and galleries:
- – Computer Games Museum =]
- – Hamburger Bahnhof
- – Kaethe Kollwitz
- – Sammlung-Boros (a WWII air raid shelter now private gallery, also known as the Banana Bunker during the Cold War)
- – DDR museum
and many other cool and interesting sights to see.