The full trip details and online payment option will be on the UCA Online Store this week, by 21st October and will be open for 3 weeks. We will then need to buy the flights and book the accommodation.
As always, the 2 linked festivals have some great themes which will excite, engage and challenge us as artists in this crazy world! See below:
40-50 students + staff, trip limit
It will be £330 for 6 days/ 5 night flights, Monday 30th January to Saturday 4th February. Flying from Gatwick to Schonefeld Berlin, the cost will include flights, accommodation at the Meininger Hostel – Humboldthaus, Mitte Berlin (inc breakfast) and a 6 day ABC travelcard (Trains/ Trams/ Underground).
As for the festival tickets which are not on sale yet, I have been in contact with Transmediale regarding group education ticket pricing (groups of 15 + are cheaper, pricing to follow =) . In previous years we bought a Kombi ticket, allowing access to 95% of session events for both day and night festivals across several fantastic venues. Ask Phil, Ewan or Joe… or even ME (Andy).
The trip details and payment will be on the UCA Online Store this week, by 21st October and will be open for 3 weeks.
Confirmed Artists (look some up):
Jamie Allen/ Heba Y. Amin/ Jussi Ängeslevä/Alfredo Aracil/ Lara Baladi/ Dennis de Bel/ Didier Bigo/ Ryan Bishop/ James Bridle/ Declan Clarke/ Andrew Clement/ Brody Condon/ Diakron/ Sara Diamond/ Keller Easterling/ FM Einheit/ David Garcia/ Sarah T Gold/ Vinay Gupta/ Martin Hartmann/ Femke Herregraven/ Brian Holmes/ Ralf Homann/ Sophie Hoyle/ Juha Huuskonen/ Jaromil/ Wolfgang Kaleck/ Valentina Karga & Pieterjan Grandry/ Eric Kluitenberg/ Joasia Krysa/ Geoffroy de Lagasnerie/ François-Joseph Lapointe/ Lancel/Maat/ Simona Levi/ Evan Light/ Isabell Lorey/ Elizabeth Losh/ David Lyon/ Nicolas Maigret/ Nicholas Mirzoeff/ Ola Möller/ Jussi Parikka/ RecPlay/ Kate Rich/ Alona Rodeh & Mule Driver/ Deborah Natsios & John Young/ Roee Rosen
CTM 2016 – New Geographies
London Modular Meet in Kingston this weekend was a brilliant insight in those who dwell in the niche uber nerdy cool sub culture of module sound design, bleeps, hacks and tweaks.
Shorts video highlights from the event:
Modular sound design – synth electronic sounds creation – are custom built synth modules (Eurorack setups), which can also including hacked tech, to create, combined and control unique electronic soundscapes. GGreat for obscure foley sound creation.
Part of the sound design for Halo 5 was created using a modular sound design setup (See video below from 6min 13 sec) for its Forerunner sounds.
5 and 6 February 2016 21:00
*This concert event will require a separate booking and is not covered by the Kombi Pass.
Bizarre over-sized holograms, bring it on!
BETA Public 5 – games and performance @ Camden Peoples Theatre (NW1 2PY).
Tuesday 17th Wednesday 18th and Thursday 19th November
“Beta Public, the night of videogames and performance I run with Pat Ashe, will become THREE NIGHTS of videogames and performance this November 17-19th at CPT! This will be a bit of a trial run for how we might usefully expand the night in the future, but we’ll also (hopefully) be debuting a very exciting new piece of work made especially for it!”
Wonderfully different game experiences:
CGA Trip to Berlin February 2016
Key Focus: Transmediale Festival + CTM (club transmediale)
- – transmediale/ conversationpiece: Anxious to Act, Anxious to Make, Anxious to Share and Anxious to Secure (sounds like a game mechanic checklist)
- – Festival is based at The House of World Culture, and also at many other venues across the city
- – ctm-2016 – alternative music festival across Berlin
- – Trip cost is £350, split into 2 installments: payment 1 is £100 deposit 13th November 2015 and payment 2 is £250 11th December 2015
- – UCA FINANCIAL HELP TOWARDS 3RD YEAR TRIPS – FinancialAssistanceFund-Advice-Final
- – YOU WILL NEED A VALID IN DATE PASSPORT TO TRAVEL IN EUROPE
- – Flying to Berlin-Schönefeld Airport (SXF), from London Gatwick
- – transfers to accommodation
- – Travel insurance
- – Staying at PLUS HOSTEL BERLIN – very nice hostel accommodation (been there before)
- – KOMBI Festival Pass covering both Transmediale and CTM festivals
- – Note: a minimum of 10 students needed to proceed with trip. If this trip should not go ahead due to lack of numbers, a full refund will be given. Other refunds will be given only in exceptional circumstances, and following agreement with the trip organiser.
Visit key cultural landmarks:
- – Cold War designed TV Tower
- – Brandenburg Gate
- – Reichstag Building (Deurscher Bundestag)
- – the Berlin Wall memorial
- – Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp
Key art museums and galleries:
- – Computer Games Museum =]
- – Hamburger Bahnhof
- – Kaethe Kollwitz
- – Sammlung-Boros (a WWII air raid shelter now private gallery, also known as the Banana Bunker during the Cold War)
- – DDR museum
and many other cool and interesting sights to see.